• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Yipee Ky yah yeah! Spawnings!

MsCichlid

5 Year Member
Finally! A pair of my pikes had a go at producing a spawn.
The Ap macmasteri and the cruzi have spawned as well.

Happy, happy joy, joy!

Now the work begins for the Ap mendezi, Cr nothophtalmus, Ap trifasciata and the diplotania, panduro and lyretails.

A woman's work is never done. :D

Francine

Z Man

5 Year Member
I saw your post yesterday but as long as nobody else answered, I will. I wouldn't have thought that those pikes I sent you would have spawned already!!!! (Just kidding, Francine) So which pike are they? Regani? My eyes popped when you mentioned Mendezi as I had them a while back but lost them all. They are a beautiful Apisto! Good luck. I hope you get fry from each spawn. Don

MsCichlid

5 Year Member
Hi Don,
Lol. The pikes you gave me are getting good size on them. I haven't moved them to the 55 gal yet. The fishroom is busy, busy. There are 4 tanks dedicated to Cr regani and wouldn't you know it the last pair I bought spawned one week later.

The Mendezi were mislabeled as trifasciata of all things. Originally, I thought that they were bitaniata when they were much smaller. Let's keep my fingers crossed. If I get any fry and if they grow well, I'll send you some.

Francine

Neil

Francine,
Congratulations!!! Do you have any free swimmers yet?
You have a few toughies ahead of you! The lyretails are a pain. you should have no problems with the panduro and the trifasciata. But you know how it is. You may easily spawn the C. regani+ nots and the lyretails and can't get the trifasciata to go. The rotten little buggers seem to not only have species requirements, but also individual requirement sometimes.
I WANT SOME OF THOSE MENDEZI. SPAWN THEM :!: They shouldn't be too tough if you keep your perms low. But I have never worked with them.
Good luck with all and keep us posted.
Neil

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….