• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wild Peruvian Cacatuoides..Stunning colours.

ste12000

5 Year Member
These fish are brand new in my fishroom, they have only been with me for a week and are settled into a nicely decorated breeding tank. Under the fishroom lights they dont show much colour and i commented on another forum that wilds dont show much colour compared to domestics!!! and that i would take some pics to show him the differences.

How wrong i was......

After seeing the true colours brought to life in the pics i amazed that over the years we have found the need to alter this stunning fish. Sit back and enjoy these pics of one of the most beautiful dwarfs ive seen in a long time..

DSCF3678-1.jpg

DSCF3687-1.jpg

And finally a face that only a mother could love!!!
DSCF3700-1.jpg

bigbird

5 Year Member
hi,

wow again I envy you in europe that you get access to so many f1 and wild forms. nice fish and i am sure that he will colour up more. cheer jk :biggrin:

ste12000

5 Year Member
No the male had to fertilise the spawn from outside, this is actually the first time ive witnessed this first hand, the male swam over the hole and very quickly gave a slight judder with all his fins clamped and swam away..I didnt get it on video but it certainly made interesting viewing!!
The Female only just fits through the entrance...
DSCF4031.jpg

DSCF4032.jpg

DSCF4033.jpg

DSCF4038.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
synaworldt-shirt1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….