• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB with plants&fish

jeb

5 Year Member
Hello Again to Orchid,ApistoDave,&All.It's nice to see so many people here now,and all the posts light up when I visit from time to time.Anyways I have this zoo-med reptisun fluoro lamp laying around and just wondering if it is safe to use?The color temp is 5500k.It does caution that it does emit uv radiation intended for reptile use.Would it not help my plants?Or hurt my fish? Thanks All,Jeb

Ghazanfar Ghori

5 Year Member
It'll turn your red plants extremly red!
Theres been a lenghty discussion on this on the APD a few months
ago. Seach the archives and you should be able to find relevant information.

jeb

5 Year Member
I tried it for a few days.I dont think it helped at all but I was only using 15w uvb &15w full spec.With the uvb on it just made the plants look Very green.Thanks for the info Ghori.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyzhCrord

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….