• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The swell eyes of Apistogramma Hongsloi

W

wasabi

Dear All
My Apistogramma Hongsloi get a serious problem about his right eye.
I noticed that his right eye is getting bigger and bigger than his left. I'm not sure that he infected any virus or not .... I afraid that if i let it be, he will probably die soon.

thanks a lot

Randall

5 Year Member
Bacterial Infection

Dear Wasabi,

It sounds like your fish has a bacterial infection in its eye. I'd change 50% of the water and medicate with an antibiotic immediately.

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

fishgeek

exopthalmus or protrusion of the eye from the socket (pop eye)
typically will occur with any space occupying lesion behind the eye

is seen with gas bubble disease and oversaturation of water , usually though this is bilateral

unilateral problems suggested a localised lesion which may as randall has already suggested be due to infectious agents (bacterial/fungal/viral) or neoplasia

statisically (i have no personal exerience with this problem) it is suggested few unilateral case's will respond to antibacterial treatments, although this is your first line attempt

other lesions around the eye or or on the fish may help with deciding whether the fish has a systemic problem like septiceamia to go with the eye

Andrew

W

wasabi

ahh thanks a lot for your suggestion. I better hurry do it ....hopefully that he will get better soon

thanks again

Discus Man

5 Year Member
Don't be surprised if the eye is permanantly distorted... I have a female aggie with a googly eye after a case of popeye resulted from fighting with her mate in the 10g. She's been retired from breeding into a show tank where she has been in perfect health for 5 months... the eye never went back to normal...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….