• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Taeniatus Kienke Fry Food

Christople

I picked up 4 kienke fry and I was wondering what their diet should primarily consist of. I have live bbs, frozen bbs, glassworms, beefheart, bloodworms, and I think spinach leaves, I bought the greens from petco and don't remember what they are. I can buy some other food if you think it would be better.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I'd start them on live BBS, and then add the frozen glassworms. I don't like beef heart and I'm not sure they will eat the greens. If the blood-worms are frozen I'd be wary of them as well, although fresh bloodworms are great.
You might be able to get them to eat a good quality pellet by adding it in with the BBS as they grow.

cheers Darrel

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
How big are the fry? Are they still in the spotted color pattern (under 1/2")? Very small fry need a greater amount of fat and protein than older fish do. If the fry are past that very small stage, I wold feed them whatever you are feeding the Nigerian Red taeniatus you list in your signature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….