• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Strange bump...

BlueRose

Me male blue ram has had a bump towards the back of his body by his tail for about 3 weeks now. It's mostly normal color with some black in the center. He's acting normal just wondering what it could be?

image.jpg

gerald

5 Year Member
Is his abdomen becoming bloated too, or is he just well-fed? I'm guessing it's a bacterial infection, but there's not much evidence to go on yet, so emphasis on "just a guess".

BlueRose

Actually yes, the last couple days he's been super bloated. I reduced his feeding and did water changes. Today he's less bloated. I have jungle fungus clear but not sure what would be a good med to use for this.

gerald

5 Year Member
Kanamycin seems to work sometimes, but to be honest, recovery is not common. You might be able to slow down the disease progression and get several months or maybe a year or more life out of him.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alejandro Thiermann

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(