• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question

NYfishguy

I'm not sure if this is normal behavior or if my male caucatoides is sick. About a week ago I saw the male and female go into her cave, I assumed to spawn. Since then the male is acting kinda listless. He just hangs out in a couple of spots in the tank and doesn't seem very interested in eating or swimming around. The female spends most of her time in the cave unless she is feeding. I'm not sure if I should let it play out or not. I don't see and physical signs of disease on the male. The tank is a 20G with the pair , 5 pencilfish and two ottos. No other fish in the tank are showing any signs of abnormal behavior.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyiahib

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….