• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pyrrhulina?

rr16

5 Year Member
Hi, I picked these up today. Not the best pics but can anyone ID them please? They cme in as splash tetras which they clearly aren't. Think they're some kind of Pyrrhulina, but don't have spots like spilosa. Bit of a bluish sheen on top and very red fins.

Attachments

• DSC_0297.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 428
  • DSC_0289.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 408

rr16

5 Year Member
Not sure. Think some of today will be spent trawling through images on the net

rr16

5 Year Member
Here are some more pics I just took. Tom C thinks they look like some he's caught, perhaps P. cf brevis. Anyway, hopefully these pics here are better. I only got 4 and I have at least 2 males I reckon. Been some showing off already. Am tempted to go back and get a few more.
Pyrrhulina 2.jpg
Pyrrhulina 3.jpg
Pyrrhulina 4.jpg
Pyrrhulina.jpg

rr16

5 Year Member
Hi all,Would be my guess as well based upon the very red fins. Hopefully some of the poster <"in this thread"> will come in.

cheers Darrel
I didn't twig that, that was a link. However, I was just reading that thread.
It's an interesting one, and one I have read before. Still enjoyed reading it now, now that it's more relevant to me. I really feel the need to go back and get some more but it'll be next weekend before I get chance. However, they've been in the shop for 2 months apparently so perhaps I'll have a good chance of getting some more.

rr16

5 Year Member
I bought 3 more and also emailed Marilyn Weitzman. She kindly replied and said they look like they're definetly in the group that P. brevis are in. Would be better if I had a catch location as well, but unfortunately not. Anyway, no sign of any breeding yet. Even the true splash tetras haven't been at it for a while now!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….