• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Photo Gallery?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
I'm thinking about ways to improve Apistogramma.com and I am considering adding a photo gallery feature. Do you think you would use such a feature? The gallery would support video and photos, with ratings, comments, etc. It would have categories to organize photos by and also member photo pages. What do you all think? Would this be something people would be interested in using?

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Good idea Josh. I just ask that if a person is going to submit a photo to the Picture of the Month contest, that they refrain from posting it to the photo gallery until AFTER the contest is over.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Good idea Josh. I just ask that if a person is going to submit a photo to the Picture of the Month contest, that they refrain from posting it to the photo gallery until AFTER the contest is over.

Of course all the usual monthly contest rules apply! :) ;)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Well, if no one is interested I'll just end up removing it. If you checked it out and hated it, I want to hear from you too! All constructive feedback is good feedback!

georgedv

5 Year Member
Be patient Josh. Don't forget it is summer time. many of us are on vacation or just spending more time with family...just doing more stuff. Where is the gallery and what are the categories and how do you upload.

thanks
george

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Yah I'm not trying to force it down anyone's throat. I just wanted to make it clear that it doesn't have to stay if the community as a whole (or even majority) isn't into the idea. :)
The Media link is in post #2 in this thread and in the top left corner under the Apisto logo on every page.

georgedv

5 Year Member
It looks great. Every week people post pictures of their best set ups and pets. It might be a bit to redirect all these pics in this section. Once I get my fish room redone, I 'll post some pics and get some feedback from everyone.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Thanks! :)
Yah I was thinking about trying to segue things from photo/video galleries into this new Media Gallery. It'd be nice to even import the old galleries into the new one. We'll see what's possible...

Joe Gatchell

Ok I tried it. Looks good and I like it posts the newest uploads on the main page. I mostly get on here from my phone since I have been an over the road truck driver for the past 2 years, but I got a new job that will get me home every night, so I can access the computer and more importantly, the fish, more regularly. :)

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Joel, you and Duncan need to participate in the Picture of the Month contest! Great photos. I'll try to upload a few soon as well.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
If he can't, I can.
Maybe I should make more specific subcategories and then have an "ID?" section?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….