• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new to apistos

C

clouser_minnow

hi everyone!

this forum rocks!

i'm new to apistos. i am going to start with some apistogramma cacatuoides "orange flash". as i have been advised that these fish are the easiest to breed. the other ones ones that have caught my eye are apistogramma agassizi "fire red", apistogramma agassizi "red/gold" and apistogramma agassizi "double red". not seen many other pictures but will add to the list as i go on. will be getting my fishes tomorrow. going to house them in a 4foot tank that has some loaches, otos, whiptails and congo tetras.

a bit about me
been keeping fishes for almost as long as i can remember. i'm still a student and i'm living in singapore. feel free to add me on msn. :)

Best Regards

Clouser Minnow

Apistt_ed

Welcome clouser minnow,

You've made a great choice in apistos but as with all fish, there can be problems with some of the "easiest" fish to keep. But you are correct that cacatuoides are great fish to start with. Being in singapore, you have access to fish we don't see here in the States. There are also some members on this forum from singapore also and maybe they could point you in the direction of where they attain theirs. best of luck and welcome once again! john

C

clouser_minnow

i have a question. how old do cacas have to be before they are able to breed??

C

clouser_minnow

my precious fishies. got 8 of them- all are babies from a friend. still searching for my fishes.
IMG_0133-1.jpg

IMG_0134-1.jpg

off topic
my oto cat!
IMG_0139-1.jpg

question: how many pairs of apistos can i put in a 4x1.5x1.5 foot tank??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyzhCrord

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….