• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

(New) Orthochromis species

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
I'm sure many forum members have seen the article about Orthochromis species from Tanzania by Hans van Heusden in the current issue of Cichlid News. Any suggestions for how to get hands on some of these beauties?

Janos

jmtrops

5 Year Member
The only way is to keep asking the importers to look for them and maybe from europe too. I too want to find them since reading the article. Have you heard anything from Atlantis, maybe they can get them.

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Jim: I haven't checked yet with Atlantis. I believe their major sources for fish are pond-raised species and imports from the Czech Republic. I am trying other options first, and then turn to Atlantis. Getting these species is not going to be easy.

By the way: The Atlantis deal that we talked about the other day isn't going to materialize; they had already placed their order.

Janos

viejo

5 Year Member
Jim: I haven't checked yet with Atlantis. I believe their major sources for fish are pond-raised species and imports from the Czech Republic. I am trying other options first, and then turn to Atlantis. Getting these species is not going to be easy.

By the way: The Atlantis deal that we talked about the other day isn't going to materialize; they had already placed their order.

Janos

Not too promising. They are from an out-of-the-way location & even worse, I believe that they are all on the 'red list'.

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Larry: being on the "red list" would be bad indeed and, in fact, kill the deal. I talked to two people in Europe about these species. One of these guys seemed to have worked with Hans van Heusden in the import of fish to Europe and didn't voice any of the concerns that you shared. That doesn't mean you don't have a valid point, of course. The other guy said that one of the species was kept and bred in Germany for a while but then disappeared from the hobby.

Janos

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….