• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New forum software

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Overall the new format looks nice, but I am not seeing a 'new posts' button. Is there one?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Maybe I'm missing something. Is there a way to change the hideously dark, high contrast background to something like the old original one way back when? I checked in preferences and didn't find anything.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Mike, I tried to mimic the existing theme as best as possible. Were you using a dark-text-on-light-background theme before the software migration? It wouldn't be too difficult to find an alternative but I'm not sure which theme you were using previously

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Josh.... the vBulletin forum had two or three skins and users had the option to choose the one they wanted. One was the standard subsilver, the other a white background and the third the black.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Ah! A slight oversight on my part. I'll find a suitable light-colored theme for those who prefer dark text on light background... Stay tuned!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
I have at least a temporary solution to the theme problem. If you would like a dark on light theme, click "Blackend-Yellow" near the bottom left corner of any page and a "Style Chooser" will pop up and enable you to choose "Default Style".
This Default Style isn't completely customized and thus doesn't look match the logo. It isn't a permanent fix - it's an option until I customize a light theme.
Let me know if you have any questions

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
If you would like a dark on light theme, click "Blackend-Yellow" near the bottom left corner of any page and a "Style Chooser" will pop up and enable you to choose "Default Style".
Thanks Josh,
Well done Mike, much better in default "black and white", it has been like being in "pimp my Apistogramma" since the change, even though I'm getting used to the new forum now.

cheers Darrel

hedylogus

5 Year Member
I like it.....not as much unused space....easier to read. Josh, when you create a custom light theme, please leave this as an option (just in case). thanks.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….