• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New camera pics

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I am starting to get the hang of this new camera.

mel_pygmeae_M_Apr10_07_002.jpg

guppy_sunset_M_Apr5_07_009.jpg

nannos_marginatus_F_Apr10_07_001.jpg

julid_trans_bemba_Apr5_07_003.jpg

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
The black background images were shot in a photo tank with a black background. All I did to them was either black out the background completely if the flash made it appear grey, or darken the background highlights a notch and lighten the midtone and foreground highlights a touch to make the fish stand out. I did not touch the color on any of them. So I guess you could say that they are post-process... but the processing is very minimal.

utoxin

5 Year Member
Very nice. :) I need to get a good digital SLR, so I have more control of my pictures. *sigh* Maybe this year sometime, if I can get my wife to follow our budget. :)

valice

5 Year Member
Very nice.
You might want to do abit of USM or High Pass sharpening to the pictures to make them pop out even more. Especially for pictures which are drastically "de-pixeled" for web displayed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….