• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Naranannacara anomala seem like going to breed???

Cookie_apisto

Is my pair of Naranannacara going to breed? They choose a hole in a piece of driftwood and kick out everyone that get close to it but I got many other fish and a pair of Apisto Macmasteri in the same tank. The pair of Apisto are staying at the left side of the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_4118.JPG
    IMG_4118.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 303
  • IMG_4120.JPG
    IMG_4120.JPG
    884.8 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_4117.JPG
    IMG_4117.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 303
  • IMG_4115.JPG
    IMG_4115.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 288
Last edited:

Cookie_apisto

Just an update with you guys. I think all the eggs got fungus and the female ate them all already. I am wondering what is the problem that causing eggs got fungus? Also the female is so aggressive toward the male now. What should I do?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
It only take 3 - 4 days to hatch. Maybe the eggs have hatched. Her behavior seems to indicate that this has happened. I would try to remove the male if he continues to stay close to the breeding site.

Cookie_apisto

I am sure the eggs didnt hatch as I can see belly of the female is full and she starting to swimming away from the spawning area. The male didnt even came close to her or the eggs because the female going to beat him up for sure. Should I put the male in a breeder tray after the female laid her eggs next time as I dont have another tank to host him?

bbetta

5 Year Member
I am sure the eggs didnt hatch as I can see belly of the female is full and she starting to swimming away from the spawning area. The male didnt even came close to her or the eggs because the female going to beat him up for sure. Should I put the male in a breeder tray after the female laid her eggs next time as I dont have another tank to host him?
Νο, he'll be very uncomfortable in a Breeding tray. He can become so stressed that he could even get sick.
If you think that dividing the pair, after the spawn, is the only way to go, you could split the tank with some kind of net. Consider dividing a small part of the tank, with the female and her eggs. Even if you do that, raising a spawn in a community aquarium with tankmates such as the cardinal tetra isn't easy.
If the female doesn't inflict damage to the male, I suggest you do nothing. If you're lucky and you feed properly, a small number of fry may survive.

Cookie_apisto

Ya they are fine now but the female now doesnt like the male that much she picks on the male every time she sees him. By the way do you guys have any idea why the eggs got fungus?

bbetta

5 Year Member
Could be many things. Poor water quality, temperature, not fertile fish, non frequent water changes, not suitable water parameters for the fry, or none of the above... Did all the eggs got fungus?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….