• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my tank..

Spazm

5 Year Member
Just wannted to share a picture of my planted discus tank that i use for discus, plecos and now also apistos.

tanked.jpg

Jens

Spazm

5 Year Member
Nice tank, how big are those discus? Seems like the tank is a bit small for all that fish?

The discus'es are from 9 to 14cm and ther are 9 of them.. You usually count 50l of water/discus and since the tank is 540l its enough. But ive got one big external biological filter and 2 interal filter (one with UV filtration) and also do big water changes 2 times a week. So, the discus grows fast and are healthy. (I did get them when they were all 5-6cm)

Jens

beleg

5 Year Member
Cool. Then that molly is overgrown :) I thought the discus are much younger (6-7 cm.)

This is my future dream tank.. 2-3 Discus pairs some slow growing tough plants and some dwarfs..

Amazing job. Please post more pics.

Spazm

5 Year Member
Cool. Then that molly is overgrown :) I thought the discus are much younger (6-7 cm.)

This is my future dream tank.. 2-3 Discus pairs some slow growing tough plants and some dwarfs..

Amazing job. Please post more pics.

That molly is a monster. I guess that is what you get when it eats the same food as the discus does (oxheart, shrimpmix and other really stong food..)

Jens

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I really love the anodized metal frame Swedish aquariums that I saw everyone use in Norway. I much prefer metal frames to all-glass aquariums. I still use some 30-40 year old stainless steel frame tanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenAmon

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….