• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my not so dwarf cichlids

HiImSean

5 Year Member
im just getting into dwarf cichlids. i currently keep south american cichlids only (i do have a datnoid and bichirs in another tank). im really enjoying the stock since most the fish are new but i will eventually thin out the smaller guys. hope you enjoy

current stock consists of 5x S. daemon, 5x M. festivus, 3x G. altifron 'Tapajos', H. sp. 'Rotkeil', H. efasciatus (gold), H. psittacus, S. taeniurus

fts.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

HiImSean

5 Year Member
thanks guys.

mike - a lot of friends who come over love the flagtail, including my mom. they love the contrast between the silver and bright red/orange color

hudson - thanks, im really lucky to have picked up the group of F0 fish. i'll prolly end up keeping them over the G. altifrons. i love the psittacus too. i got a group of 5 F2 @ about .5" in Sept. of '08. it was great watching them grow for about half a year. the other 4 went to the guy i got the S. daemon from. they've produced a few batches of fry. i've been considering getting her a mate but there's no room for one :D

peterK

5 Year Member
I agree with Mike, awesome Prochilodus. All your fish are superb,and my favourite Parrot, I hope you'll get a suitable male for her:cool:

Didn't you think about adding more bogwood? I think your fish are happy but when you add more hideouts, then they would be much happier:wink:

BTW, what size of your tank?

HiImSean

5 Year Member
i've thought about more wood but with the large fish it just seems like it takes up so much room. especially with the eartheaters, there's less footprint for them. the tank is a standard 125g. i've been contemplating upgrading to a 180g for a 72"x24" footprint

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewShNN

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….