• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new Apisto Tank 1 and 2

bigbird

5 Year Member
Hi All,

Have set up 2 more Apisto Tanks.

Tank 1 for Agassizi Blue
IMG_0435.jpg

and
Tank 2 for Elizabethae
IMG_0436.jpg

cheer jk :biggrin:

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
In my experience, it depends on the species. Oak leaves survive longer than Indian Almond (Tea) leaves. I've never had beach leaves. They do not occur naturally in my part of the USA.

Csababá

5 Year Member
When i see such tanks wiht lots of leaves the idea of messy grounds and corners (because of the rotten leaves) comes into my mind, though i never had something like that. Do such tanks have the problem i mentioned?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
No, a little 'mulm' on the bottom is not a problem unless you don't maintain water changes regularly. Many hobbyists find that apistos prefer living among leaves. It is a typical biotope for the fish in the wild.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….