• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for Apistogramma Elizabethae

Poopy_McBoner

Hi all,

Looking for Apistogramma Elizabethae in the US. Wet spot is out of stock and aquabid only has listings that would need to be trans-shipped and I’d rather not deal with that. If you know any good breeders that sell them at a reasonable price please let me know!

Thanks

Poopy_McBoner

also

HOWEVER - they both appear to be cz fishes (not wc) which is something i tend to avoid these days.
Thanks, been looking at aquaclarity. $150 seems reasonable but I was trying to see if there’s anyone selling at the price level of Wet Spot. Why do you avoid Czech fish if you don’t mind me asking?

anewbie

Thanks, been looking at aquaclarity. $150 seems reasonable but I was trying to see if there’s anyone selling at the price level of Wet Spot. Why do you avoid Czech fish if you don’t mind me asking?
HIstorically i've had problems with fishes not lasting nearly as long as wc - not sure if it is genetic or how they are kept or some other reason but it has been noticable. elizabeth are less common species and i've not tried them so they might be better but generally i tried to buy either hobbist bred or wc.

Poopy_McBoner

HIstorically i've had problems with fishes not lasting nearly as long as wc - not sure if it is genetic or how they are kept or some other reason but it has been noticable. elizabeth are less common species and i've not tried them so they might be better but generally i tried to buy either hobbist bred or wc.
I see…I have a pair of Czech bred agassizii fire red right now so fingers crossed…

MacZ

Why do you avoid Czech fish if you don’t mind me asking?
Living in a country right next to the Czech republic: Fish massbred there have a reputation for bad quality. Even here in the EU many people refuse buying czech fish. Additionally they focus on breeding domestic forms, not the wild types. And I can tell you what I was told by a wholesaler, the higher grade quality is for export inside the EU and East Asia, North America gets the seconds. Considering their "top shelf" being low grade already this means you get the rejects.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….