• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting

feather2night

5 Year Member
Reading more about the apistogrammas in general, a couple of articles stated they prefer dim lighting as to lots of light? So if this is the case, they should be alright with indirect natural lighting?
Feather

Griz

5 Year Member
IMO yes. Mine is a rather low-light tank (0.6 WPG) in a bright room. The only reason I have lighting is for the plants (all low-light ones). With the lights on, my cacs spend most of their time in the shade of the plants, wood etc unless they are being fed. With the lights off they seem to explore the tank a bit more and venture into the middle and upper levels more often. They don't "require" sunlight and seem to prefer the shadows IME.

feather2night

5 Year Member
Then they should be quite happy in the tanks where they are, low lighting unless the dining room light is on. These little guys are so fun to watch, haven't put any "dither" fish in with them as of yet, they are just out and about quite alot checking things out.
Thank you, I read alot before purchasing these beautiful little fish just double checking.
Thanks again Feather

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….