• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

L333 king tiger pleco with the dwarf cichlids?

Cookie_apisto

Hi I am wondering if I could keep a 3" L333 king tiger pleco with my dwarfs? I realky like that pleco and wanna get one for my tank.

Tom C

5 Year Member
About the L333:
theaquariumwiki.com:
Tetras, Rasboras, Gouramis and Killifish species are best tank mates generally residing in the mid to surface space of the aquarium.

Planetcatfish.com:
Compatibility: Very good tankmate for any fish living at the top of the water column.

- Dwarf cichlids rest/sleep on the ground at night. Nocturnal and larger plecos will scare them and chase them up toward the surface, again and again and again, every single night.
I would not feel well if I had to share a small flat with a night active elephant...

I never find plecos or similar fishes at exactly the same spot as dwarf cichlids in the wild (unless they are trapped in the same rest water pool during the dry season.)

If we could ask the dwarf cichlids for their opinion: would we expect them to say they would appreciate such company?

If we really want to keep dwarf cichlids, I believe we should try to provide them with the best conditions possible... and company of plecos are not included in such conditions.

Cookie_apisto

Ya i think i am not gonna get any pleco in my dwarf tank. I just gonna add some SAE and Oto catfish since I got some algae in my tank now.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Ya i think i am not gonna get any pleco in my dwarf tank. I just gonna add some SAE and Oto catfish since I got some algae in my tank now.
The Siamese Algae Eater isn't really suitable with Apistogramma, they are just too big, too bottom orientated and too territorial.

They also eat all the Java moss, and you can never have too much Java moss.

cheers Darrel

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
So I should just dose CO2 booster to take care the bb algae? Is Oto cool with dwarfs?
I have Red Ramshorn Snails to control BBA, they won't eat the mature tufts, but they graze off the sporelings. Otocinclus are fine with Dwarfs.

cheers Darrel

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….