• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Introducing Myself...Slimbolen99

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Let me introduce myself. My name is Brian, aka: slimbolen99. I live in Kansas, United States. I've been keeping freshwater fish, with an emphasis on cichlids, for the past 15 years; however, on a very minor scale. With the purchase of a home, an opportunity to keep multiple racks of tanks has been afforded to me.

To keep it simple, I'm interested in all dwarf species of cichlids from all parts of the world. I enjoy biotopes setups the most; specifically learning about precise locales of cichlids. It is my vision to continue my hobby through this type of setup; with the collection of wild and F1 generations of cichlids, and therefore a "purer" propagation of rarer cichlids and their companions.

I've met a few of you here on other forums, specifically my home club; Heart of America Aquarium Society. A great thanks to Steve (aka freshwaterfishfan) for his sharing of information and fish, as well as Ted Judy, whom I met at our local meeting in which he was a guest speaker.

Thank you for allowing amateurs like myself be a part of your community. You have a great looking site that functions great as well. I have learned a great deal already, and look forward to learning much more as we continue along this path together.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexsfishroomnyc

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….