• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID's on these ladies

adambrain

Hi all was looking to have these ladies ID'I'd as I've had conflicts from different sources.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 20160810_145127.jpg
    20160810_145127.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 282
  • 20160810_145111.jpg
    20160810_145111.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 298

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
A species in the agassizii-sublineage. I'm pretty certain which species it is, but need more information to be certain. Check the 'sticky' in the "South American Cichlid Identification" sub-forum and answer as many of the question as possible.

adambrain

A species in the agassizii-sublineage. I'm pretty certain which species it is, but need more information to be certain. Check the 'sticky' in the "South American Cichlid Identification" sub-forum and answer as many of the question as possible.

Thanks for your reply. These fish were sold as ' alenquer'. I'm just curious as I bought these 2 and a male and my male is a cacatuoide triple red as you can see from the attached photo.
20160809_222901.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Certainly a mis-matched trio. Your females appear to be one of the forms of A. agassizii, but I don't think they are A. cf. agassizii (Netz) Alenquer. They look more like a domestic form of A. agassizii, possibly a red morph.

adambrain

Certainly a mis-matched trio. Your females appear to be one of the forms of A. agassizii, but I don't think they are A. cf. agassizii (Netz) Alenquer. They look more like a domestic form of A. agassizii, possibly a red morph.

Ah it's all very confusing to me ha ha. Thanks for your input

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….