• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi from Derbyshire, England.

Ade205

Hi... My names Adrian, I'm 43, and live in the Midlands, England.
Interests include fish, cars, working out, movies, music ect.
Things I do but don't enjoy so much include work, washing up, paying mortgages ect
Kept fish for over 30 years, main passion is for Discus, but have kept so many species of fish over the years including many dwarf Cichlids but have very little experience with Apistogramma untill now! Have a passion for keyholes which were my first ever Cichlids 30+ years ago, hold a special place in my heart for them and were the first egg layer I ever had spawn for me!
Currently have many tanks! Have a 5ft, a 4ft and a 3ft In my living room and hallway alone! Sure you all get the picture!!!
Hoping to learn as much as possible from people on this forum and hope i maybe able to give a little back from my many years of experience.
Look forward to speaking to, and learning loads from you all about Apistos and maybe evening meeting and trading a fish or two with some of you!
Adrian.

Ade205

Hi , thanks for the welcomes ☺

Re Linus_Cello, yes have always had a Discus display tank in my living room and have kept with them Nannacara Anomala, Cleithracara Maronii, Anomalochromis thomasi, & A. Cacatuoides, and many Rams.
All peacefull towards the Discus, though had a few Discus treat larger keyholes almost like part of the discus pecking order.. had keyholes and Rams breed without to much disruption to tank....However, had a Nannacara Anomala spawing years back that caused total caos! They spawned smack bang in the middle of the tank and the female was a killing machine! Suspect Apistos could be similar but have never bred them and I've only kept males in with discus.

I have noticed some fascinating interaction over the years between different dwarfs when kept together, I currently have some intersting peaceful interaction between a keyhole and what I think is a female cac.. I will try and film and post!

Sorry to mods as this probably isn't right area for this conversation but I'm too polite not to reply!

Ade.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….