• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi everyone!!

Apisto EU

Hi everyone!!

I'm joining this forum because I want to start keeping or maybe even breeding apistogrammas.
I currently have about a 110 liter community tank (81cm x 36cm x 45 cm) wich in actual water volume hold about 110 liters.
I was wondering if I could keep and breed apistogrammas in there. It currently houses 2 panda garra, 2 german blue rams, 2 dwarf gourami, 6 CPD, 7 dwarf corydora....
Wich fish do I need to get rid of to be able to breed apistos?
I'm wanting to get rid of any of these fish to be able to keep apistos.
I was thinking about keeping and breeding apistogramma macmasteri gold. Are these easy to keep and peaceful?
plus I would like to see a trustwothy picture of this actual species to make sure I get the right one.

If they are not that easy I could get almost any apistogramma from this list from a Dutch store:
https://www.aquariaveldhuis.nl/index.php?Apistogramma=&categoryID=1143&merk=VISSEN&merkID=275

Wich one would you recomend from this list, let me know.

sorry for my bad English

Linus_Cello

5 Year Member
Welcome!

Channeling Mike: A Community tank is not a breeding tank. (Get another tank just for the macmasteri if you want to breed them)

Drayden Farci

5 Year Member
Your fish might breed, but you'll most likely have to remove the fry and place them in a separate tank or a breeding box, since the other fish will eat them. I would say the German Rams pose the biggest threat, simply because they might be territorial towards the new fish. The rest of the fish should simply mind their own business, in my opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….