• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey I need help sexing my apistos...ty in advance

Jplebron

20170523_190548.jpg
20170523_190615.jpg
] I have a "pair" of agassizzi but to me something seems off...i think they may not be a pair but actually two females...one agassizzi and one caca.can someone please help me figure this out ty so much in advance
20170523_190615.jpg

Last edited:

central tanks

Who did you buy them from? Kind of a weird mess up that id only see happening at a Local fish store or chain store. Most hobbyists that id buy from wouldn't mix 2 species like this. But ya neither of these look remotely like a agazii male. They typically have the round or spade shaped tail fins. Who ever sold these to you id be watchful on future purchases, its kinda weird that they would make a mistake like that.

central tanks

I got them from a guy named Shawn Flynn. He breeds several different species/color morphs along with other types of fish. I was recommended him from a facebook page called "apistogramma international". I had a few hiccups with him missing shipping time for overnight because he got stuck in a massive traffic jam. But he made up for it by giving me 6 pencil fish for free. He is highly recommended on that facebook page tho. Pretty happy with my fish so far!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….