• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hemichromis cerasogaster

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Larry,

I figured you wouldn't be able to resist, given your longstanding interest in the genus. I am not crazy about Hemichromis, but the cerasogaster are pretty cool and haven't been available for several years. I picked the breeders up on a trip to Germany. I passed along some juvies to Steve Thornton on a recent visit to his place, to make sure the species will remain available to hobbyists.

Janos

viejo

5 Year Member
Received the cerastogaster today, unfortunately 50 % DOA. The alleged 3 day priority mail was 1 day+ over schedule. Looks like it is Fedex from now on :mad:..

Captain Jim

My P.Tanaetus Molowie are giving me babies,..so if you have success with Cerastogaster group I would like that.

viejo

5 Year Member
And I would like some Moliwa as well. Lost all but 2 of the cerasogaster in shipping but am now 100% sure that the remaining 2 are are indeed a pair albeit still on the small side ( 2-2 1/2"). The female is starting to show signs of filling up but the male is still merely tolerating her at this point.
I would like to see them put on a little more size @ any rate. Will keep you posted.

Captain Jim

Well, I'm willing to wait..I have some Molowies almost ready to rehome now,..hopefully more coming. My jewels not spawning because they are basically in communal..I need to put a few separate. Keep in touch,..good luck!

Attachments

• DSCN1177.JPG
    DSCN1177.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 412

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….