• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Giving back

cosmiccow

5 Year Member
Dear Forum members,
I was one of the winners of the prize drawing. I really did not become a donor to win prizes (much appreciated though), I did it to help this wonderful forum.
I would like to make a challenge. The prize I won is a $25 gift certificate to the Amazon Basement. I am going to make a $25 donation to the forum and the first person to match my donation and contact me ([email protected]) can have the gift certificate (I hope this is alright Ted?).

Thanks,
Tony

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I do not mind, but you may want to talk about it with Bev N (Amazon Basement). Thank you for your support. It is much appreciated.

electric eel

5 Year Member
i really did not donate to win prizes either ,ted.if you can figure out some way to use the gift certificate to benefit the forum feel free.

Pelvicachromis

5 Year Member
I would propose "winners" do something different.
In my opinion the prizes do multiple things to help the forum. One it encourages donors.... two it provides business for the sponsors.
If you win $25 from XYZ, then use it! It's likely that you will spend more than $25 and that will help sponsors business, as they prosper and stay strong then they can continue to sponsor forum! If the receiving of the $25 gift is uncomfortable then place your order (get some awesome fish) and then just donate another $25 to the forum.

Just another way for all three people to win! (The donor get's a prize, the sponsor get's some business, and the forum get's happy donors and sponsors who keep supporting forum).

Keith

electric eel

5 Year Member
they did have some interesting fish on their list but the spring auctions are coming up and i really have more then i can take care of now.thats never stopped me before though.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Pelvicachromis has the right idea. Our sponsors want to send you fish. It helps them to generate business and to build their reputations as good suppliers. And they are supporting the forum by rewarding the members who also support the forum. This really is a win win to help apistogramma.com stay up AND (hopefully) give back to the hobby through sponsoring show classes and helping clubs afford speakers. If everyone gives a little (the sponsors and the donors) then we can collectively do a lot of good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….