• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

g'day

L

Luke

hello , my name is luke and i live in australia :)

got these fellows the other day :biggrin:

noticed this on the female

thingy.jpg

and here is the male for the fun of it
curviceps.jpg

( their fins are all chewed up from the LFS)

Noddy65

5 Year Member
Hi Luke
Theres a few Aussies here...that thing under the female is probably her ovidepositir/supositor etc...most likely veyr normal.

Which state are you in? Im in Perth

Mike

arjay

5 Year Member
Are they Laetacara curviceps? If so they're pretty fish when in good condition... I agree with Mike BTW, I don't think that's anything to worry about...

L

Luke

Noddy65 said:
Hi Luke
Theres a few Aussies here...that thing under the female is probably her ovidepositir/supositor etc...most likely veyr normal.

Mike
thought it so , these are my first dwarf species ( besides kribs) ive kept , and
yes they are curviceps

im a QUEENSLANDER( sorry getting ready for state of origin)

nightowl1350

5 Year Member
Very pretty fish and yes it looks like a breeding tube to me. If they are doing alot of chasing....spawning behaviour I would think. Some guys just like to play rough and it can be hard on their mates. I've seperated angels more times than I can count for wife beating :(

Good luck with a spawn and post pics if you can :)

Melafix will help the fins heal, most fish adding aquarium salt helps (not sure on yours)

L

Luke

nightowl1350 said:
Very pretty fish and yes it looks like a breeding tube to me. If they are doing alot of chasing....spawning behaviour I would think. Some guys just like to play rough and it can be hard on their mates. I've seperated angels more times than I can count for wife beating :(

Good luck with a spawn and post pics if you can :)

Melafix will help the fins heal, most fish adding aquarium salt helps (not sure on yours)

melafix was one of the first things i did :) , the fins have healed a little bit since

the chances of a spawn surviving are not very high as i have 20 bristle nose catfish in there ( till i build their new home)

Roach

5 Year Member
S of O is done and dusted. The mighty Blues triumphing over the usual late finishing Maroons.
Oh yeah, I'm from Sydney!
:biggrin:

Konigwolf

5 Year Member
S of O is done and dusted. The mighty Blues triumphing over the usual late finishing Maroons.
Oh yeah, I'm from Sydney!:biggrin:

I'm a tassie person originally so guess how much I care about rugby :tongue:

LOL

Andrew

L

Luke

im up in rocky....
i never before have seen a females tube on a cichlid this small and it just seemed a tad small ( used to seing them on oscars and bit bigger stuff)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….