• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Forum Changes

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I am in the process of reorganizing the forum a bit. Please provide suggestions and input it you want to.

Hmoobthor

i like it!! it makes it more easy to navigate.

Will we ever be able to get a sticky of information that is related to the category such as in apistogramma section with housing care (tank size), feeding, water temp and all that? so anyone new would be able to read the care in the sticky thread and get most of the answer of it.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Are you asking for a thread that lays out the basics of apistogramma care and then stick that thread at the top of the section?

One thing I am considering is adding a FAQ forum that would be closed for posting, but we would move very good threads into those sections as they appear.

One of the advantages of a forum is that information can stay current. For example, if you find a thread from 2002 about breeding you will probably not read anything about the use of alder cones; but their use is common today.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I, too, like the new layout. Just 1 question: now that you have New World & Old World ID sections, why do you still have the ID & Morphology section. It seems a bit redundant. Not a criticism, just a question.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
The old ID & Morphology is closed toe posting. It will stay up for a while while Jeff and I move threads from it to the new forums, then it will go away. So will some of the other forums in the General Discussion section as we move things to the new sections.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….