• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fish Compatability

Furby

5 Year Member
I was wondering if these fish are compatable with each other in a 55 gal. tank if properly aquascaped. Microgeophagus Ramirezi (German Blue Ram), Apistogramma Cacatuoides Triple Red, and the Kribensis (Pelvicachromis Pulcher). I would like to do a pair of each in that size tank and was wondering if that is possible.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Personally, I think it's a poor combination. The Rams are relatively inoffensive and tend to prefer more open areas near plants and other hiding places. Territorially, they don't interact that much with cave spawners. The Cacatuoides are a maternal brooding species. Other than trying to keep them out of his personal territory, the male takes no part in directly protecting the female or any fry from other fish. The Kribs are not only a more robust species, but are a bi-parental breeders in which both partners participate in establishing a breeding territory. The Kribs will 'double up' on any fish that enters there territory, which can be larger than you might think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stripes

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….