• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding Apistos

fishgeek

just a bit further south than St Reatham , i am near croydon
no good source's of live food in the uk that i have found so far el TJ

when the warmer weather gets here i intend to buy some daphnia at the lfs and chuck them in a ub outdoors they seem to grow easily when there is enough sun about
the worms other than micro, i find hard to source and have only maintained white worm once for about 10mths

andrew

E

el'TJ

fishgeek said:
no good source's of live food in the uk that i have found so far el TJ

andrew

:( no worries, i will look into into it a bit further, thanks anyway :) Seems to be plenty of good shops round our way though! and some more towards essex that i hav'nt looked at yet.

nightowl1350

5 Year Member
I feed mine a sinking soft pellet (small size) from HBH that they love. I've tried NLS tiny pellets and they don't go for them. I also give them beefheart (ground and frozen) and frozen brine shrimp.

LindaMC

5 Year Member
I was feeding my apistos frozen brine shrimp and blood worms, alternating back and forth but recently I have started feeding them TetraMin Pro Tropical Crips w/advanced nutrition and they seem to like them, not overly crazy about them but they eat them and that's perfectly fine with me.

The reason I'm trying to get them use to eating flakes is so that when I go on vacation this summer, I will be sure that they are eating from whomever I choose to come in and feed them for the two weeks I am gone. I don't want to have to ask my sister or whoever to take the BS out of the freezer and let it sit at room temperature, etc. etc.... I was worried for a while but feel much better now that I see them eating the crisps.

Oh they try to be slick and not eat them while I am watching but as soon as I turn my back, they eat them! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….