• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dropsy?

M0oN

5 Year Member
I've got 3 panduro's in a 40 gallon tank, one is a very young female, the other is a teenage male, and the one in question is a teenage female.

She's spending most of her time standing on her tail and spinning, when hse's confronted by the male she darts away upside down, I first noticed her like this in one of the flower pots on her side so I promptly did a water change and added epsom salt and aquarium salt.

I'm wondering if there are any more suggestions on what I can do for her, it's been 2 days now and as we speak she is tail standing in the top corner of the tank, her belly appears fine and she is in fright coloration.

Discus Man

5 Year Member
M0oN said:
hse's confronted by the male she darts away upside down, I first noticed her like this in one of the flower pots on her side
as in she's not upright? Sound slike a swim bladder infection. By this time it is usually too late though I have had luck if the fish is still eating. Mixing penicillin in with a paste food and getting the fish to eat it may kill off the bacteria causing the infection. Usually the fish should have more control. IME once the fish isn't staying upright the damage is permanant. Sorry.

Randall

5 Year Member
Swim Bladder Ailment

Dear Moon,

Discus Man and I are on the same page here. If your fish can no longer achieve neutral buoyancy, it's probably a swim bladder infection. At this stage, there's probably not much you can do.

:( ,

Randall Kohn

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….