• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does anyone know what is this growing on my driftwood and java moss?

Cookie_apisto

As thr title I noticed that something that is growing on my driftwood and java moss. Those thing trap detritus and bubbles also. I can blow it off with my feeding stick but then it comes back after one or two hours.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    959.3 KB · Views: 391

gerald

5 Year Member
If it's mainly on the wood and is clear or white (not green), then it's probably fungus and/or bacteria that are decomposing the organic compounds (sap, sugar) seeping out of the wood. It is usually harmless and will go away after the wood has leached out most of its organics. It could also be fungus and/or bacteria that grow on uneaten fish food.

Cookie_apisto

Yes it is white but It also growing on my java moss too. I noticed that some of my java moss got burn I think is due to I had my at 100% white and 80% blue and red but I never dose any fertilizer for them. The light is ecoxotic e series 32W total. Also my 82.5 degree temp might be too high i guess

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….