• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chromidotilapia melaniae fry

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I kept this spawn a secret... not there are about 20 more in the USA!

Attachments

• edit_chromido_melaniae_20100107_1672.jpg
    edit_chromido_melaniae_20100107_1672.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 423
  • edit_chromido_melaniae_20100107_1673.jpg
    edit_chromido_melaniae_20100107_1673.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 420
  • edit_chromido_melaniae_20100107_1683.jpg
    edit_chromido_melaniae_20100107_1683.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 422
  • edit_chromido_melaniae_20100107_1674.jpg
    edit_chromido_melaniae_20100107_1674.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 435

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Of course! I am ahead, but Mike has to start slow due to some unfortunate family issues when we started. That will be balanced out, I suspect, but a few out-of-town trips I have planned and the ACA convnetion in July. My challenging Mike is kind of like the Iceland national soccer team challenging Manchester United... Mike will probably trounce me in the end.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'd be happy yo come over and care for your fish while you visit the Bermuda club Ted. :biggrin: Things will be just fine in your fish room that way...

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Still thinking about bringing you a pair of C. melaniae, Jeff... that's worth you driving over here everyday... right? Oh... two feedings a day, once at the * AM and again at 8 PM. Very important. Cannot be early or late... What if I also throw in a pair of P. pulcher Ndonga?

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Still thinking about bringing you a pair of C. melaniae, Jeff... that's worth you driving over here everyday... right? Oh... two feedings a day, once at the * AM and again at 8 PM. Very important. Cannot be early or late... What if I also throw in a pair of P. pulcher Ndonga?

Will Deb be home? If so I'll consider it :wink:

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I removed the fry from the parents after I got back from a trip last week. There are 14 of them in all. They are now in an shoebox to grow out a bit. The pair did not seen to take the removal of the fry very hard. now that I have a spawn I gave the subdominant male and an extra female to Jeff (aquaticclarity) so that there are two of us working with them.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
The pair spawned again, and just at ten days after I removed the first batch of fry. I am going to let the parents raise this batch longer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timothygaw

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….