• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chlorine problem

TuvaM

Hi guys.
When I tested the water in my tank today I got positive results for chlorine, about 1,5 mg/l. I always let the water rest before waterchanges, and there was no chlorine in the water I use for the changes. I don't have any dechlorinators atm, what to do? I also tested my tapwater which has the same amount of chlorine.

ButtNekkid

5 Year Member
What does your water supplier say? Do they use chlorine?
Do your fishes show any weird symptoms? Why did you decide to test your tank in the first place?

TuvaM

I think they use a little chlorine. But my test may be wrong. I use the JBL Pro Scan. The intetion was to measure kh og Gh. My fish seem fine, they are not acting any different than usual. So yeah, my test may be wrong.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
If your water supply, like mine, uses chloramines instead of chlorine it will not dissipate just by aerating for a day. It needs a dechlorinator to break the chlorine/ammonia bond.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….