• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chat is live

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
There is a new button near the right end of the navigation bar for chat. We are using FlashChat, and if you are logged on in the forum you should not need to log on for chat. Moderators in the forum are moderators in chat. I am still learning the program, so I cannot really tell you what all that means. If anyone is a FlashChat guru and would like to take on the role managing the chat room, please let me know.

The general use room is the Lounge. We also have a 'donor' room which is password protected. The purpose of that room is to have a place where donors will be able to meet to discuss issues with the forum as group. It is not my intention to isolate donors. There is also a room called 'speaker'. That is also password protected... more on the speaker room later. :cool:

If you have any idea of how we can make use of the chat as a group, please let us know in this thread.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hmmm... I see it right in between 'quick links' and 'log out'? Which skin are you using? The newer black skin or the old blue skin?

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Yup... tech support (Deb) just confirmed that she did not add the button to the nav bar in both skins... she will do it after dinner.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Chat issues...

The big bug is that usernames with a blank space in them will not be able to get into the chatroom. I am working on that, but I may have to uninstall this latest version and install and older, stable, version.

SMaller bugs abound, so changing version may be the fastest resolution.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
No fixes on the log in problem with the chat program yet. If you have a username with a space in it (such as Big Fish or T Judy) and want to get into the chat, please let me know and I will create a dummy account for you that will let you in.

If you have a username that does not have a space in it and you cannot get in, try logging off and logging back on. If you are asked to log inyour forum username and password shouold work. If not, let me know and I will make a dummy account for you.

If the issue is not soved soon I will look for a new chat program.

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
I seem to be logged into the Lounge part ok Ted, even with a space in my name! Is that where everyone else logs in as well?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….