• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

borellii breeding size?

A

ACIDKEEPER

hi all, i'd like to ask how big borellii need to be to start breeding, i have a trio that i'm pretty sure i have one female within but they don't seem to even show any sign of breeding. the female is about 3/4 inch and the 2 males are 1 1/4 inch body length. are they still too small for breeding and if so, i've had them for a while now but they don't seem to grow no matter how much space i give them or food. hope someone out there can help me, thank you for your time.

farm41

5 Year Member
They should go soon, get them some live food, it always gets them in the mood.

Do you have plenty of caves and cover for them to have a spot to breed?

What water conditions do you have?

Tank size?

A

ACIDKEEPER

The tank is a 10 gal :oops: and so far i have been feeding live daphnia and chopped earthworms. i have plenty of caves, about 5 coconut shells and 2 pieces of wood that form holes. i don't know what's wrong, have a water hardness of 30 ppm and a ph of 6.0. if there's anyone in NYC that has good borellii and at a cheap price i would be happy to pick up. hope anyone out there can solve my problem. thank you all.

fishboy20

5 Year Member
they are certainly large enough at that size. make sure you do your water changes, maybe add bloodworms, brine shrimp and white worms to the diet. the more variety the better for diet and probably more breeding. a little bit of time should help, let them settle in and nature should take it's course. watch out for female aggression in that size tank. maybe several 10's for each female and then move the male as need be when the female's are ready.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….