• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Auto log in and notification

farm41

5 Year Member
I am now having to log in at each visit, I have always checked the box to keep me logged in. I'm not getting notifications anymore either.

Neil

Matt,
I really hate to tell you this, but Gary just left yesterday for a week and 1/2 vacation. I do not have access to any of the technical aspects of the forum. I am very sorry about this, but something had to happen when he left, I guess. I will bring it to his attention the minute he gets back.
Is anyone else have this same, or any other, problem?
I am pretty lost with all but the basic functioning of computers, but could this have something to do with your browser, cookies, etc?
Anyone else have any ideas until the return of our Admin.?
Neil

farm41

5 Year Member
I will be okay till Gary gets back. I do have my computer set to accept cookies. I checked already and it works at the other sites just fine, and I did get email notification this time(maybe it was a hotmail problem, I wish could use my regular email) so that is working.

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
Back

I'm back.......

Matt - I will take a look and see what the problem is with auto-login / email notification and post the results here later today. :wink:

Gary

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
I have made a small modification to the forum, I hope this will correct the auto login problem.

Matt - Why are you not able to use your regular email address? If it's a forum problem refresh my memory and I'll see what I can do. :lol:

Gary

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
Matt - can you pm me your regular email address? I can look through the db and remove the "in use or banned" reference so you can add your reg email address. :?

Still working on the login problem :roll:

Gary

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
Matt - I changed your email address in the db and I'm still trying to figure out why you're having to login each visit. Can you give me some information.....

What browser do you use / ie5, ie5.5, ie6 or netscape?

If you use ie can you look at your cookies and see if you have one that looks like this

@www.apistogramma.com ( might have your computer name in front )

If you have this cookie please look at the expires date and let me know what it is. Regardless of the expiration date, delete any cookies from www.apistogramma.com and try to login again with the remember me box checked.

I hope this makes sense :roll:

Gary

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
Hmmmm - I have made some mod's to the config of our server. These changes will take 24-48 hours to propigate thru the net. Hopefully this will fix the notification problem.

Matt - If you don't start getting notifications after Thanksgiving please let me know. I want to get this corrected. Thanks

Gary

farm41

5 Year Member
Thanks Gary,

I am on a few other boards, and 1 of them just switched to the same board style as this and they are having the same problem as we are having here, no notification for me. It's Tom's Place Boards, and another that is Aquabotanic and it works there.

Orchid

5 Year Member
How do I find the cookies to this site? No cookie notification comes up whenever I am online. So far, things seem much improved.

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
If you use windows the fastest way to find and delete the cookies is to do the following...

From the start menu go to

search -
Find files -

Search for - @www.apistogramma ( NO .COM at the end )

Then highlight every @www.apsitogramma file, right click, delete.

That should clear your temp. internet files folder of all apistogramma.com cookies.

Hope this helps. :wink:

Gary

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
I haven't forgotten or given up on this, just waiting for a response from one of the software developers.

I will keep you up to date on the progress.

Gary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….