• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Sp. D33

chris1805

5 Year Member
Recently i was able to lay my hands on a couple of Apistogramma Sp. D33 that i would like to share with you guys. Thus far they are in my tank for about 2 weeks and doing great :) See some pictures below.

IMG_0826.jpg
IMG_0827.jpg
IMG_0793.jpg
IMG_0794.jpg
IMG_0795.jpg
IMG_0796.jpg

chris1805

5 Year Member
It's really beautiful fish,but in my eyes, it is not possible to distinguish between it and vijieta difference

I think it looks even more like the Apistogramma sp. Tame than it does to vijeta. I have to say that the exact differences are hard to tell, but here is what i believe they are. The D33 show red in their ventral fins, which the vijeta does not. The vijeta shows a red line at the top of his dorsal fin, where as for the D33 the dorsal fin becomes completely red.

I hope Tom C sees this and he can enlighten you more about the exact differences as he abd the guy who i bought them from collected them their selfs :)

crouns

I think it looks even more like the Apistogramma sp. Tame than it does to vijeta. I have to say that the exact differences are hard to tell, but here is what i believe they are. The D33 show red in their ventral fins, which the vijeta does not. The vijeta shows a red line at the top of his dorsal fin, where as for the D33 the dorsal fin becomes completely red.

I hope Tom C sees this and he can enlighten you more about the exact differences as he abd the guy who i bought them from collected them their selfs :)
Can you give me a private letter to Tom's e - mail, I have a lot of questions to ask him

chris1805

5 Year Member
The female is guarding eggs!!! Sadly she is hiding at a spot where i can't make any decent photo at all, but she looks lovely right now. She also build the biggest sand pile in front of her cave i have ever seen an apisto build :eek: She is only a tiny female and she can barely fit herself in there lol.. Luckily she keeps the aggression quite low for now :) As soon as the wigglers are out i will try to capture a picture for you guys :)

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wrothgar

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….