• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp. "Breitbinden"

lycan92

your aquarium is perfect

the apistgorammas then wonderful

which the dimensions of the aquarium in centimeters?

again, congratulations!

Hugs!

lycan92

thank you for the information

and I'm trying to set up aquariums Apistogramma by couples, so you do not know what measures to use, without having to separate the male when the female spawning

I use an aquarium of 45x45x20 (h)? no problem so tank is low?

the filter can be of foam?

again, congratulations on Apistogramma, and I look forward to new photos :)

Hugs!

Ruki

5 Year Member
thank you for the information

and I'm trying to set up aquariums Apistogramma by couples, so you do not know what measures to use, without having to separate the male when the female spawning

I use an aquarium of 45x45x20 (h)? no problem so tank is low?

the filter can be of foam?

again, congratulations on Apistogramma, and I look forward to new photos :)

Hugs!
IMHO tank with bottom 45x45 will be good for most of Dwarfs(maybe with expetion for more agressive or big species) but you can't be sure that even in tank 80x40 you wouldn't have to separate male from female.
20 of height for me is too low. I have problems with filters and heaters(they don't fit :eek:). Also I have problems with decoration(for example too much of wood above the water).

In most of my filters I'm using foam as filtration medium.

Maybe I'll take some photos today. :)

lycan92

thanks for help

which species of apisogrammas not fit into 45x45 quietly? I perceived that my savage gibiceps couple of problems with this, because now that the pups died (the first spawning) the male is very aggressive with the female chasing her around the tank, without stopping, and this normal? no problem? how can I avoid?

could increase the size of the aquarium to 48x45x18 (h), increasing the internal area

the height of the aquarium directly affect the Apistogramma, or how much equipment? if the equipping, the foam filters that are sold here are very small, and I do not use heater because my city water from the aquarium comes easy in the 31 ° C, which is already hot ne? as the branches passing the water until I think it is more natural so, do not care

Hugs

Ruki

5 Year Member
Hi ruki wonderful breitbinden i was wondering wher you got them from and if any one knew where i could get some, plz reply if so:):confused:
I bought mine from friend. He bought them as by-catch from pack of wild A. iniridae.
So, search for wild Breitbindens whenever you see somewhere wild A. iniridae.

ButtNekkid

5 Year Member
Hi,

Does anyone know is this tank still running? I remember that it was the prettiest one i`ve ever seen.
And sorry for the bump!

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Hi,

Does anyone know is this tank still running? I remember that it was the prettiest one i`ve ever seen.
And sorry for the bump!
I spoke with Lukasz ("Ruki") a couple of years ago and neither he, nor Piotr ("PeterK"), were keeping Dwarf Cichlids at the time.

cheers Darrel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….