• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma pebas

mematrix

5 Year Member
Hi All I just recently aquired a pr of A.sp. pebas wild caught. I have been searching for info on them. I have not had much luck. I am looking for care and breeding info I am assuming that they require about the same care as my cruzi. Since in the datz book they say it is probly a variant of cruzii. Any Other names which this species called? Any Help would be much appreciated.

Sincerely Curtis

Microman

5 Year Member
I have a pair of A SP Pebas "Morado".
There are a number of slightly different colour variants/populations of A SP Pebas. 4 i think.
They form part of the Eunotus complex so yes they will require similar conditions as your Eunotus i should imagine.

rafael

5 Year Member
Another names: A. sp. “Pebasâ€Â; A. sp. "Ampiyacu"; A. sp. "Dolly"; A. sp. "Morado"; A. sp. "Purple"; A. sp. "Noronha".

Kind regards,

Rafael.

Rolo

5 Year Member
Hi,

Even if these pictures are not the best to see anything on it... ;-)

They look similar to my A. sp. "Azul", which is probably a A. cf. eunotus form.

so maybe... it's neither Cruzi nor Pebas???
But I'm absolutely not sure about it. So, any comments?
(Pictures of my Azul on www.apistogramma.net)

best regards,
Rolo

mematrix

5 Year Member
Re To Posts

Thanks Microman,Rafael,and Rolo For the responses. I was thinking that there were different morphs of pebas. I am getting better at figuring out which species I have especially since I have some good books to reference to. Rolo I was wondering is there a translation mod I can get to enabel me to understand your site and other sites I have come across Especially the European countrys like Germany,Czek,ect I have come across other sites but were in other languages I think mostly german and japanese. I was just wondering. Thanks again for your assistance.

Sincerely Curtis

Rolo

5 Year Member
mematrix said:
Rolo I was wondering is there a translation mod I can get to enabel me to understand your site

Hi Curtis,

You're not the first to ask that ;-)
Unfortunately our site is just in german. It is too much work to do it in two languages... and I even have not enough time to do it in german ;-)

But try it with the "babelfish"
Mayby you'll understand some more ... maybe not ;-)

best regards,
Rolo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….