• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ap.bitaneata.maniti

edwliang

5 Year Member
Ap.bitaneata.maniti

Attachments

• DSC05227.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 651
  • DSC05225.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 627
  • DSC05345.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 496
  • DSC05350.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 483

raymond82

Thanks Mike, it's good to know the names of all these beautiful color forms of bitaeniata, who knows when they will be offered...

Tom C

5 Year Member
Sorry, but I misspelled the name of the river. It is the Rio Manati, not Maniti.
Are we talking about the same river? .....

resizeimage.aspx

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Now, I'm not really sure which river these A. bitaeniata are from. The Río Manati is a small river that is just outside of Iquitos in the white sands area. It's known as a location for petrified wood (Pebas Formation). Being a paleobiologist at heart, this was the first place I though about. The Río Maniti is not far from Iquitos either. Its mouth on the Amazon is just upstream from where the Río Napo joins with the Amazon. When in doubt, I'll accept the original spelling and that the Maniti is where these fish are from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scapesce

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….