• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any opinion on keeping red tail eunotus or sp Winkelfleck

anewbie

I have a mostly empty 29 - it has a few pangio in it and 2 red tail otto; thinking of getting a. eunotus or a. sp winkelfleck since those are what seems to be availalbe in wc. I thought about getting Ivanacara adoketa but they might kill the pangio.

Any comments a. eunotus or a. sp winkelfleck ?

anewbie

Ok i went with the sp. winkelfleck. This is a picture of the male; the one of the female is lower quality. He has marking around the face but is facing the wrong way. The aquarium i put them in is a 29 with ec 55 and a few left over pangio of different species:

yy.jpg

anewbie

Short video of the female since she won't sit still; she is behaving a little breeding-ish in that she keeps dashing into the coconut shell (top hole) and the male no longer picks on her.

anewbie

Looks like the color is there too.

-r
Yea; i can't really figure her out - i don't think she has eggs but she darts into her coconut shell so often who knows. She really is a nice looking fish in person - lets just see how long i can keep them alive. The ec is around 45-55 for that aquarium; i can't measure ph reliably anymore so given up trying to guess - it could be anywhere between 6 and 8. I have no clue what temp they should be kept at so i keep them around 76.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….