• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Africanfish

halmiris

This pool was created to keep in his fish and plants in Africa, especially west of the continent black. There will be some cosmopolitan plant found naturally in the region although their origin is not African.
Technical data:
-size: 70/35/35cm;
-gross volume: 86l;
-Light: 3x24 Giesemen (2 Midday, 1Aquaflora)
-filter: a filter capacity Free Ocean 600l / h + a Eheim Pick Up;
-substrate: sand Baumax 1-2mm;

Flora: Bolbitis heudeloti, Anubias barter var. nana, Ceratopteris thalictroides, Higroriza Arista, Microsorium Pteropus, Nymphaea lotus tiger, Nesa pedicilata, Nesa triflora, coffeefolia Anubias, Anubias nana var barter gold.

Will appear in the pool following plants: Amnania senegalensis,, Anubias heterophylla,, Nesa red, Nesa crassicaulis.

Fauna: a pair of Aphysemion deltaense;
a trio of Pseudocrenilabrus Nichols.

halmiris

Some pictures of heroes log:

The male of Pseudocrenilabrus Nichols

One female P.nicholsi

The male of Fundolopanchax deltaensis

Ted you have been in West Africa. Could you tell me what plants to planting more in the tank to get near as much habitat?

halmiris

Thankyou Fil
No problems but I did deltaense a friend who grows killifish.
Now I have a few striatum and so there are no problems.

New fotos:
P1040970.jpg

P1040972.jpg

P1040976.jpg

P1050053.jpg

And one movies:

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I love the Ceratopteris, it is s real favourite of mine. How do you get on with Hygroryza aristata? I've tried it a couple of times, but it always dwindles away. I thought it might be a water hardness issue (tank water is soft), but yours seems to be doing very well.

cheers Darrel

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Those are some beautiful tanks. Thanks for sharing the videos, too. It really adds another dimension to be able to HEAR the tank and SEE the plants swaying ever so slightly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….