• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adam's Geophagus Tapajos

discus_noob

Hi guys,

I once kept Geophagus Tapajos (not long go actually) and had my geos for a little while (wish I kept them forever), however they outgrew the tank and my orders from my parents (Currently living at home for final year of uni doing thesis) was no bloody way a 6 footer is going in here, so it meant they had to unfortunately go to a better home that was more spacious. I originally bought them to just place in the 3 footer until I could get the 5 or 6 footer going except my situation changed however, and I did not wish to be mean and keep them in an environment they soon outgrew and wanted the best for their health. I hope to still keep in touch with the person who bought them off me and hopefully can get some fry from them as there were a definite dominate breeding pair amongst them. The tank they are in has made way for an apistogramma biotope with a to die for breeding colony of lovely corydoras atropersonatus and melinis.

Here are some of the final goodbye shots I got of my geos before saying bye;

IMG_3320.jpg

geophagustapajosflair.jpg

Nice fin colour from this pic;
IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg

A semi full tank shot shows the amount of wood cover and scenery they had;
IMG_3316.jpg

This geo looks sad like they knew what was coming of them leaving me;
IMG_3344.jpg

Two oldies of mine that I like;
IMG_2973.jpg

IMG_3095-1.jpg

Thanks,

Adam

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….