• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adam's 3 foot low tech planted tank (with discus)

discus_noob

Hi guys,

Here is my VERY FIRST EVER fish tank. This is the first ever fish tank that I owned that got me into planted set ups. It was easy low tech planted tank running only on t8 lighting and daily dosing of flourish, flourish excel, mini co2 set up, flourish iron. It was a dream and so easy to run and look after. I wish i kept this tank or kept this philosophy as being my first ever fish tank I shortly got the bug and become hooked and now am a sufferer of MTS (multiple tank syndrome) and going for high tech set ups and biotopes and the works. I wish I stayed simple it would of been so much easier on my wallet.

IMG_0309.jpg

Enjoy

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Nice tanks Adam,
I really like all your tanks, but especially this one, and your bog wood/Amazon Frogbit tank from the other thread. I must admit that most "Aquascaped" tanks don't really do much for me, and as for "Iwagumi" style, every time I see one, I just feel sorry for the fish.

cheers Darrel

Rowdy Hotel

Is that just plain sand on the bottom? Everything I've read online says that discus in planted tanks are doomed. How did they do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….