• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Abscess or wound on the head?

mordor

5 Year Member
I haven't been at home for couple days and when I came back I noticed
that one of my apistos has something on its head. Fish seems to
behave normally but I do not know if this it an infection or wound.
Is it malachite green good for treating wounds?

Neil

Unless there is a worsening of this or you find out specifically what it is, I won't be hesitant to treat with anything. Medication can sometimes stress a fish more than the little nicks that occur on occasion. If thi turns out to be a bacterial or fungal infection, that is a different matter. How does it look now?

mordor

5 Year Member
Its dead now. At first I only isolated it but it got weaker every day so I started treatment with metronidazole. It did not help. All other fishes are fine so I do not understand that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timothygaw

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….