• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

75g tankmate question??

V

Valtown

Hello members. I'm new to the world of dwarf cichlids but very interested in learning more. I have a 75g tank that houses 3 parrot cichlids...I was wondering if there is a dwarf variety that would make good tankmates for my 3 parrots. I would really like something with some color, maybe blue...My 3 parrots are orange/peach. Thanks!!

Casey

blueblue

5 Year Member
Hi Casey,
I would recommend the following apistos to you: ^.^

A. Trifasciata <-- highly recommended, probably the best "blue" apistos for beginners. It is quite peaceful and easy to breed.

A. Pulchra (blue) <-- it could very attractive to you as it is pale blue with a beautiful caudal fin.

A. Panduro <-- a typical "big-mouth" fish which is also good for beginners.

V

Valtown

Thank you!! Okay...Next question. What are some good online sites to learn more about/purchase these fish. I live in South Georgia & I haven't been able to find any kind of dwarf cichlid around here or in surrounding towns. Thanks!!

blueblue

5 Year Member
Valtown said:
Thank you!! Okay...Next question. What are some good online sites to learn more about/purchase these fish. I live in South Georgia & I haven't been able to find any kind of dwarf cichlid around here or in surrounding towns. Thanks!!

You're welcome. Well, for your second question, i am afraid i could not help as i am not from the States. Anyhow, i am sure you could find A. Trifasciata very easily. :)

V

Valtown

Aspen: My 3 are blood parrot cichlids, the hybrid...They are not dyed!! They're the natural colors of orange/peach. They are peaceful & mind their own business only choosing to hang-out with one another. I thought that maybe dwarfs would be an option for tankmates. I would like something with more color than my 3 & something that won't get as big. I'm new to the world of cichlids & the 3 I have are the only one's that I really know anything about. There are so many types & varieties of cichlids that I don't know where to start & I become very overwhelmed when researching. Thanks!!

Casey

blueblue

5 Year Member
Valtown said:
BlueBlue: No...The fish I have now are not dwarfs.

Oh... i see... so yours is the blood parrot, which is much much bigger than the apistos!! Then, i am afraid it is not a good idea to keep any apistos with the blood parrot... or else the apistos will simply become food...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….