• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My couple

feyd

Here is my couple of apisto, i buy them in my LFS as young trio some months ago, one of the famale as unfortunatly died some weeks ago.

I'm not sure abaut the species and the strain, i suppose that they are agassizi tefè or some blue line.

one fact that make me think are the scale on the male that are not regular on the tail.

water at ph 7.4, kh 1.0, GH 2,0 anc conducibility 200ms

thanks for the id

female
image(4).jpeg

male
image(7).jpeg

image(5).jpeg

image(6).jpeg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
It is a domestic red agassizii. Under what name were they sold? I'm surprised that you pH is so high, considering how soft your water is. Is this measured from your tap or from the tank? It would be best to lower the pH a bit.

feyd

Hi Mike,

domestic red, he have a lot of blue and no red only yellow, but i trust you.
so the scale problem on caudal are "only" here for inbreeding non hybrid with tefè.

they sold it wtih no name, only A. agassizi.

the Ph of my water is a mistery, i use the RO water (30us circa) but as soon i put it in a tank with some plants or filtration the ph stabilize to 7\7.5....
now i'm runing a 100l pot with only RO filtration and catappa leaves so i can take the water for change from here.
some RO water with oak leaves in less than a day go to ph 5.

on the other end i have 6 tank with only tap water, ph 7.5\8.0 600us, never changed in months only added tap water for the evaporation and now they have ph 6.7\6.8 kh 0\1 gh 17\18 and 900\1000 us..... Ok that the water here is mature but where did the kh go ahahaha
now i'm going to make some water change to this tank with RO water to lower the gh and conducibility so i can keep dwars in there.

how low i must go with the GH?

thanks again

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The are named Red Agassizii because they have a red caudal fin. Wi th domestic fish there is a possiblility - no a probability - that they are crosses of several different closely related, but different species/forms.

As for your water, my guess is that there is something in the tank (rock, substrate) that is raising the pH. At these hardness levels I can easily lower the pH to 5,3 by cycling the water through peat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….