• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dicrossus maculatus

chris1805

5 Year Member
I am thinking about purchasing a pair of dicrossus maculatus for my black water tank.
The problem is i am not so sure about what size tank they need. On the internet i find that a 60x30x36cm tank (which i have) should be enough. I am still doubting it though. They pair i found to purchase has already spawn (the females has already the little red fin and the male is obviously a male) and they are fully grown. What are you guys thought on this? i plan on keeping them in that tank with just a few neon tetra stimulans.

Thanks a lot in advantage!

gerald

5 Year Member
Oops you're right. I was thinking US 30 gal, which is 36". 20-gal Long is 30" as others said. Too late to edit my previous post.

chris1805

5 Year Member
Thanks a lot! Do they really want a planted tank or would a blackwater tank with lots of leafs and wood be fine as well? I know they like to play with dead leaves

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
They'll be happy in either, as long as it has enough structure for territories and hiding. These aren't actually true blackwater fish. They come from clearwater or mixed black-/clearwater streams.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….